Australia Awards Fellowships offer Mongolian leaders and professionals the opportunity to deepen and broaden their links with Australian organisations from all sectors. By providing opportunities to undertake short term study and professional development in Australia, they aim to:
- Support the aims of the Australian Government’s development policy Australian aid: promoting prosperity, reducing poverty, enhancing stability
- strengthen partnerships and links between Australian organisations and partner organisations in Mongolia, in support of Australia's economic diplomacy and public diplomacy objectives; and
- increase the capacity of Mongolia to advance priority foreign affairs and development issues of shared interest at the country, sub-regional and regional levels.
Fellowships target current and future leaders and mid-career professionals who will be in a position to advance priority foreign affairs and development issues on their return home. Fellowship activities are aimed at providing high-quality training, exchange of expertise, skills and knowledge, and opportunities to enhance networks on issues of shared interest.
Fellowship activities may include a combination of short-term study and/or training, professional development, networking and work experience, and are delivered in Australia by the Australian Host.
Australia Awards Fellowships do not fund study that results in an academic qualification, as these opportunities are provided under Australia Awards Scholarships.
Applicants must identify the foreign affairs and development policy theme that is the focus of their Fellowship proposal from the list of aid program priority areas identified in the Round 16 Guidelines.
Applications are made by Australian organisations who nominate individual participants from Mongolia (and elsewhere around the world). Australian organisations with on-going links to overseas counterpart organisations in eligible countries are able to apply for an Australia Awards Fellowship.
Mongolian organisations and individuals are not eligible to apply for a Fellowship directly. They may, however, initiate contact with an Australian organisation to explore the organisation’s interest in applying for a Fellowship grant.
Australian organisations funded total of 253 fellows from Mongolia since 2008 and you can find the details through
- Australian organisations funded and numbers of Fellows by country (PDF 163kb)
- Australian organisations funded and numbers of Fellows by country (Word 87kb)
How to apply
Please monitor following webpage for information on the opening and closing dates of future Fellowships round.