Australian Embassy


The Australian Embassy in Mongolia does not issue Australian visas or approve Australian citizenship.

The Department of Home Affairs is responsible for managing Australian visa and citizenship matters. 

For information about Australian visas and Citizenship, including visa application forms, please visit the Department of Home Affairs website at:

The Department of Home Affairs encourages clients to lodge their application online using ImmiAccount, where available, as this will result in a more efficient and streamlined service.  Clients who lodge online are not required to send in their original passport with their application.

The Australian Government does not issue visa labels in passports.

Information about lodging an application and using other ImmiAccount services (including quick reference guides) is available on the Department of Home Affairs website at

To assist applicants in planning travel, the Department of Home Affairs publishes global processing times on the Department’s website at

Processing times are updated monthly and provide an indication of the time taken for an application to be finalised. Notwithstanding these indicative processing times, it is important for applicants to note that processing times are affected by changes in application volumes, seasonal peaks and the individual circumstances of the applicant. 

The Department of Home Affairs encourages clients to lodge their application well in advance of their intended travel date and by considering the global processing times and pandemic situation.

The Department of Home Affairs has changed the way they communicate with clients and are directing them to their website and online services, this includes for the Mongolian student and visitor visas.  Migration agents and applicants can direct any queries using the following web form:  China should be selected as the overseas post.  

Many visa applications can now be made online through the Department of Home Affairs online portal, ImmiAccount.  Mongolian nationals can currently apply for the following online:

  • Subclass 600 Visitor visas
  • Subclass 500 Student visas
  • Subclass 590 Student Guardian visas
  • Subclass 400, 403, 407 and 408 Temporary Activity visas
  • Subclass 300 Prospective Marriage visas
  • Subclass 309 Spouse visas
  • Applications for Australian Citizenship by Descent

Information about ImmiAccount is available at:


Did you know that an Australian visitor visa does not allow a person to work in Australia? Did you know that some criminals in Australia and around the world use scams to promise work or permanent residency in Australia as a way to exploit people and steal money? Did you know that in Australia, migration agents must be registered with the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority?

You can read about signs of a visa scam and work visa scams on the Department of Home Affairs website.

Page last updated 16 March 2022